Poemas frente al virus. Eleni Cay / You Can Trust Me (A filmpoem)


This poem accompanies the novel 'The Love Virus' by Eleni Cay published in 2020. In chapter 21, Mark says to Katie "You can trust me" and this poem is what Katie writes in her notebook she has had since her diagnosis in the hospital. Here is the full poem: When your hopes become the most abused animals, feathered memories get you to sink your shoulders, blind your eyes, and violent soldiers cover your open-air dreams with wire on all sides, then I will feel for the air inside your mouth, in soft kisses make you fly, for you are my loved one. When the people around you alienate their faces from their necks, in hazmat suits begin counting victims with no names, and their voices start corroding into alert whistles, then I will return oxygen to your organs, make your legs run and your hands help, remove guilt when your limbs fail to coordinate, say you do enough, you are enough, for you are my loved one. When orthodox bricks crumble, bonds dissolve, umbilical cords get cut too early, and souls depart without being hugged, then my invisible arms will scoop you up in a vow of trust. I am here,now, and afterwards, when we get unplugged. You can fail to catch me, you can cancel me, as many times as you like. You can tell me not to come. I am still here. For you are my loved one and I am by your side, shadow-like.
The footage and sounds are from my walks in Stavanger, Norway. I used iMovie, Wondershare and my iPhone for editing and recording. The harp song is called Weeping Willow and was written by Fiona Clifton-Welker. For more information see: http://www.eleni-cay.com/thelovevirus

¡Envia tu video poema "frente al virus" a congresodioslicon@gmail.com!
Send your videopoem "against the virus" to congresodioslicon@gmail.com!

Poemas frente al virus es una iniciativa del Proyecto Dios en la Literatura Contemporánea 


Comentarios